December 5, 2015

Christmas Pieces

Oh my gosh, the first week of December is almost over and I have yet to finish decorating! I started Thanksgiving weekend but for some reason everything is not quite coming together. 
It's all in pieces here and there.
I like for everything to be different from year to year so I try not to look back (although you can here, here, and especially here) to see what I've done before. This is the first time, in a long time, that we've been in the same quarters for more than two years. It seems to be stretching my abilities to come up with a different look for the same small space for a third year! 
 #armywifeproblems


I'm feeling a little overwhelmed by my snowmen and Santa collection, I think it may be time to cut few players...



This ribbon is still attached to the spool, I can't decide how much to cut!


I'm going to use these oranges to decorate the porch, or make orange juice, I can't decide which one right now.


I picked up these letters from Hobby Lobby (half price, of course) with an idea for my stairs, I'm really hoping it's not a bust!
Last year we put our tree in a big basket, and I loved it, this year it's in a galvanized bucket.  
I really like the look of it but it's undecorated because (for the first time ever) I think I may be allergic to it and it hurts my throat and chest to get close to it.


I know these Christmas pieces will all fall together with a little inspiration from Pinterest and some fellow bloggers (see Jennifer Rizzo's Holiday House Walk and the Holiday Open House at 11 Magnolia Lane).

And, as soon as it's done, you'll be the first to know, I promise!!

'Til next time!



5 comments:

  1. I love changing things up a little each year. We just moved to Ft. Wainwright and currently living in house with an odd layout so each year we spend in this house will be a challenge! I have been a follower of you're blog for awhile and I was a guest in you're home at Ft. Riley along with a group of other FRG Leaders, so I know you will do a fabulous job decorating this Christmas season!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!! And thank you for including Quarters One on your cute blog! Merry Christmas! Shand :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no! You can't be allergic to evergreen! :( I know it will all come together beautifully-can't wait to see the reveal!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know! This is the first time ever...sad face...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to know I'm not the only one! Can't wait to see your pictures!

    ReplyDelete

Pin It!